The Client Service Associate will partner with a Senior Financial Advisor to serve Capital Advantage’s current and potential clients. Key responsibilities include researching and responding to client requests, preparing for and attending client meetings with the Senior Financial Advisor, financial planning data-gathering and input, and various client service projects.
About Capital Advantage:
Capital Advantage, Inc. is an employee-owned wealth management firm headquartered in Lafayette, California. Established over 40 years ago, we are a well-respected, and continuously growing Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). We are 100% fee-only, which enables us to make independent decisions based on what is best for our clients.
When you join Capital Advantage, you become part of a team. Our team members are collaborative, professional–and fun!
We pride ourselves on providing a highly personalized client experience with a top-tier level of service. Client-centric in nature, our firm values team members excited to apply their expertise to the daily needs of our clients.
A successful Capital Advantage team member will possess the following attributes:
- Strong work ethic with dedication to high-quality work and exceptional attention to detail
- Genuine care for people with a commitment to high touch client service
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Critical thinker with the ability to produce original thought; personal point of view imperative
- Employ authentic, honest and direct communication
- Embody personal accountability as a non-negotiable professional value
- Long-term ambition to build a career in the financial services field
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with financial advisors to ensure successful onboarding of new clients
- Scheduling and managing client and prospect calls and meetings, including preparation and follow up
- Updating CRM and related applications to ensure accuracy of all relevant client and prospect information
- Participating in client meetings alongside a financial advisor
- Completing various client service tasks, such as gathering financial planning data, opening and maintaining accounts, answering questions, etc.
- Participating and collaborating in staff meetings
- • Perform additional related duties, as requested
- 3+ years job experience in financial planning or financial services
- Strong understanding of the basic concepts of personal financial planning and the mechanics of investment management
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage time
- Skilled at prioritization and creative problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business or a closely related field is strongly preferred
- Series 65 or Series 66 license is preferred, but not required
- Ability to create financial plans in MoneyGuidePro or equivalent software program is preferred
Full-Time – This is an in-office, non-remote position
Base salary ($65,000 – $75,000/year) + bonuses (approx. $10,000+/year)
- Competitive base salary and quarterly bonuses
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, etc.)
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental and vision Insurance (long-term disability and life insurance optional)
- 401(k) plan with guaranteed profit-sharing (after one year of employment)
- Opportunity for career growth
- Fun and energetic work culture
Email your resume and custom cover letter as single, combined PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.